Friday, December 10, 2010

Weekend Listenting - Holiday Edition

Today, I am prepping for Edie's birthday party tomorrow. Even though I'm in "birthday mode," "holiday mode" isn't far from my mind. Over the next few weeks, I thought I'd share some of my favorite holiday music to help us all get through that final seasonal push!

James Taylor at Christmas

First up, James Taylor. The original "JT." The album At Christmas is timeless, and I could listen to his ethereal voice any time of year. I especially love his duet with Natalie Cole on "Baby, It's Cold Outside," (why can't JT try to convince me to spend the night with him? Such a cutie), as well as his version of "In the Bleak Midwinter," one of my favorite holiday songs ever.

Have Yourself a Jazzy Little Christmas

Next, is a compilation of some jazz favorites, Have Yourself a Jazzy Little Christmas. I like to dance around to these tunes, and Billie Holiday's "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" makes me want to throw on my best party dress and heels and head out to a fancy Christmas party.

Happy Listening!

2 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" is one of my all time FAVES! I will have to check out JT's version.

More importantly...

HAPPY BRITHDAY, EDIE! I hope your little cutie has the most fabulous of birthdays. xoxo

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I know, Prippy, I love that song. JT does it justice, indeed!