Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Got any special plans? I've already celebrated V-Day (and got some pretty, sparkly pressies!), but I thought I'd share with you my gifts to my friends and loved ones this year.


I love getting mail and presents through the post. And I always want to make sure that those I love know that I think and care about them. So I had a lot of fun sending out these packages.


I made several batches of cookies and brownies (chocolate chip, oatmeal cranberry, peanut butter, and this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine). I tied them up with little labels and twine. They were placed very gingerly in boxes with tissue paper and heart-shaped confetti (which I was told, while charming, was everywhere after the package was opened).


For some, I included a Valentine's Day music mix with songs by Hall and Oates, John Lennon, Amos Lee, Big Star, Slim Harpo, Islands, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Sam Cooke, among others.


I was so happy to send these little treats out and I hope the recipients liked them!

Now, I'll leave you with my essential thoughts on Valentine's Day:

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! - Lucy Van Pelt

2 comments:

Prippy Handbook said...

So cute!

Happy Valentine's Day! xoxoxoxo

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Thanks Prippy! They were fun to make, too!