Summer seems to be flying by (August is nearly here!). I've still managed to scoop up some items I consider my summer essentials. Hopefully you can grab some of these, as well!
1. Tucker Panel Mini Dress, $385 Dave loves when I wear Tucker dresses (probably because many are so short! :-)
2. L.L. Bean French Sailor's Shirt. $29.50 This shirt embodies the "it" trend of the moment (nautical stripes) while maintaining a classic silhouette. Perfect for chilly mornings and evening on the water
3. Land's End Classic Open Toe Ballet Flat, $15.19 Dress 'em up or down, a great go-to shoe
4. Sperry Top-Sider Angelfish Boat Shoe, $75 Another classic. So comfortable I could wear them all day, every day
5. Levi's Signature Cut-Offs, $4 I bought a pair of these jeans at Salvation Army, cut them off and cuffed them
6. Smith's Rosebud Salve, $5 The perfect sheer pink for lips (smells good, too)
7. Physicians Formula Organics Mascara, $7 Blacky-black, and without all the nasty chemicals (paired with the rosebud salve, that's my entire make-up routine for summer)
8. Land's End Starfish Roll Sleeve Open Crewneck Top, $10.39 Perfect for bumming around the house, working in the garden, or a quick run to the farmers market
9. Alba Botanica Pure Lavendar SunBlock, $13.59 Keeps me looking pasty and smells good, too!
10. Moroccan Oil Treatment, $33 An investment in hair-care terms, but it works wonders, keeps frizz down on even the most humid days, and a little goes a long way (I have super-thick, relatively long hair, and this lasts me 5 months)
11. Arbonne Baby Care Body Oil, $9 I first came across this product when I had Edith, and I fell in love with it for the summer months when regular lotion is just to thick and sticky
12. Dogeared "Captain Of Your Ship" Necklace, $72 This was a lovely present from Dave and has an even lovelier message behind it
13. Ray-Ban Rounded Wayfarers, $179 I love that these glasses have the timeless Wayfarer shape, but are jazzed up a bit with a slightly rounded lens (I bought mine at Macy's on sale for only $99!)
What are some of your summer essentials? I'd love to hear! PS - most of these items fit one of the Sustainable Living credos: Either it is made from organic, all-natural, and/or sustainable materials; is an American company; is made in America (particularly by individual craftspeople and independent companies) and/or; donates regularly through a charitable giving program.