Thursday, October 27, 2011

Guest Room Essentials

Hosting houseguests can be scary and daunting. Questions will undoubtedly run through your head; questions like Are the sheets soft enough? Does it smell funny in here? How will they find the bathroom light switch? Will they be hungry when they arrive? I ask myself these questions (somewhat obsessively) when friends and family come to stay with me. I've found that by keeping a few simple guidelines in place and having a ready-to-go stash of goodies makes the process that much easier. Here are a few guest room essentials to have on hand (ps - this isn't exclusive for a guest room... these items work great for any "room" you share with your guests!)


1. Milk Bottle Jar Candle $20
2. BEELUX Mandarin and Clove Candle, $11
3. Chesapeake Bay Candle Organic Cotton Candle, $6.50
4. Vintage Quilt, $295
5. Organic Cotton Throw, $44
6. Directional Incandescent Spot Light 2-Pack, $5.50
7. LED Automatic Nightlight, 2-pack, $12.50
8. Organic Cotton Pointelle Throw, $22
9. Snowflake Nightlight, $9.50
10. Vintage Sconce Nightlight, $8
11. Organic Cotton Sheet Set, $28-$54
12. Avalon Grapefruit and Geranium Hand and Body Lotion, $9.50
13. Divine Chocolate Salt Fudge, $9.50
14. Ceramic Bud Vase, $7


Have any other essentials? Let me know about them in the comments!

6 comments:

Melissa Tolosky said...

My best friend leaves a bottle of water for each guest outside their bedroom door in the morning (or after they go to bed). Especially if it was a bit of a wine and chatting night, the water comes in handy in the morning if you want a drink, but you're not ready to show your face yet.

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

@Melissa - Great tip! I actually tend to do that, as well, just in case. Plus, it gives me a reason to "splurge" on the fancy-looking water when I come across it. Thanks for the comment!

fabriquefantastique said...

nice blog, and thanks for using my antique quilt.
I find my guests like a reading chair (if you have enough room) that means they do not always have to be in your face, and back issues of Country Life, or any good magazine that reflects your interests.

Unknown said...

I love the avalon grapefruit body lotion! Good good choice!
This is way random but I saw you commented on Cup of Jo's blog for her necklace giveaway...and thought I'd let you know I'm doing a similar giveaway with a VERy cute personalized stamped necklace!

You should come check it out...hey two entries is better then one right?! :-)

xoxo
Aarean

colorissue.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

I love that vintage quilt! So pretty

rebecca said...

just in time for the holidays. thanks to my teeny apartment, my guests expect very little when they come to visit. ha!