Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy (Belated) Halloween!


Happy (belated) Halloween every one! Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays... you get to dress up, you don't have to buy anyone a present, you don't have to begrudgingly spent time with your family (unless you like your family, that's cool!) and you get candy! I had planned to get this posting out yesterday right after our Halloween was over, but with kids, you know how it goes.


Most of the day was spent finishing Halloween costumes for the kids. Edith was a scarecrow, and Eric was a pumpkin. I just threw Edie's outfit together (I made her top and make straw feet for her shoes). She was kind of looking more like an Indian or something, so I cut out some crows and glued them to her front). I used a pattern from Simplicity for Eric's costume. He stayed pretty warm and cozy in it!


Dave and Edie carved the Jack-o-Lantern together. Edie ate a raw pumpkin seed. If she suddenly becomes very round, I'll know it germinated.


Dave stayed home to hand out goodies to our visitors, while I drove the kids into town to Trick-or-Treat with Edie's best bud Nathan (and his momma and daddy).


In true Upstate New York fashion, as soon as we started walking through the neighborhood, it started to snow. I'm glad I bundled up those kids nice and tight! The firehouse welcomed families in for coffee, hot cocoa, and donuts, but best of all, to warm up!



We headed back to Silly Goose Farm, and stopped in to our neighbor, Mrs. Duffy's (aka Lorraine) house. Her house looks like a magazine, and she even let the kids take a baby pumpkin home with them. I was hoping I would get home and all the goodies would be gone, but we didn't get a single Trick-or-Treater! So, now I have batches of homemade Halloween classics here, hoping I can pawn them off on my clients in meetings with them this week. Also, I will be preparing for an out-of-town conference over the weekend and into next week, so I thought I'd share my recipes for these treats. You'll have to stay-tuned to see what's in store (Oooooo... more Halloween suspense!).

I hope you all had a great holiday! Tell me, what did you dress as, and what is your favorite Halloween treat? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

Charlene said...

So Cute! I love Edie's hat. It's perfect!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Thanks Charlene! Edie picked that out this summer at Old Navy. She wears it all the time. Dave thinks it's hilarious when she wears her floppy brown hat and I wear mine. Even funnier when she puts the hat on Eric! Hope you are well.

Molly Jane said...

Your children are so adorable! I love their Halloween costumes! Looks like you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. And I'm jealous of the snow you received over the last few days. I'm dying to see a few flurries! Thanks! I like the look of your blog by the way. Following!:)

xo,

Molly Jane

PS. Stop by and say hello!:)

www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Hi Molly Jane - you are so adoreable! I jsut visited your blog quickly, but need to spend a bit more time there. As far as the snow - you can have it! It's nice for a few weeks, but when it's still snowing in April, we wish it would go away!

stephanie. said...

kids are darling!