Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sustainable Snippets


It has been a few weeks since I posted some Sustainable Snippets, so this week's version is super-sized! Also, I have noticed that this is becoming a repository for foodie articles, as well, so I hope you don't mind the addition of more food- and cooking-related articles. Here goes:

Man, I wish we had this when I was in college.

Well, I guess it's a step in some-sort of right direction (also, I don't think I've ever eaten at a KFC before in my life).

Finally, a comprehensive article on what I've been preaching for years!

Oh, Facebook (Dave had friends that have worked, at one time or another, at Google and I hear there are similar perks)

Could you do 100 days of real food?

Huh. I always thought wine and English were European oxy-morons. Throw Royal in there, and it's all cool.

And besides the above, I always knew I was a kindred spirit with the Royal Family. Polo anyone?

An intruiging look at calls for GMO/non-organic food.

10 things to never, ever say at the Farmers Market!

You probably know this, but here are 5 ways to eat locally.

Ooh, if only I had an extra $35,000 to blow (ps - I also studied Political Science in college!)

A handy guide for summer composting.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Any plans? Dave (a college professor) is tied-up with commencement ceremonies today, so the kids and I are gearing up to go for a walk up the road to check out our neighbor's alpaca farm, then I have a busy day of cleaning/organizing the attic and basement. Fun. My AMAZING friend Kelly is moving to NYC at the end of the month (sad face) and her going-away party is Sunday. I'm going to miss that girl, but thankfully she is only a quick train-ride away!

4 comments:

FriendlyBrown said...

<3 trains!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Meee toooo. Can't wait to come and visit you and try all the NYC restaurants I've been lusting for!

Daryl at Vermont Cottage said...

I studied political science as an undergrad too! I like your sustainability snippets a lot.
I'm planning a giveaway in the next couple days that I think you'll like.
Daryl

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Very cool, Daryl! Yep, I studied PS and History in school (grad and undergrad). Good times! I will definitely check in with you this week, looking forward to the exciting give-away! Thanks for stopping by.